This is the most important part of your involvement in Smarter Barter! We have designed the concept to give complete freedom for businesses to advertise, market and explore the limitless opportunities Smarter Barter can open up for them.
Your entire profile is generated from your listings whether they be products, adverts or 'Specials'. Upon joining we will contact you to discuss the best way to promote you to fellow Members.
Advertisements: Advertise yourself, this is all about your business, what you can offer fellow Members.
How to Sell Online
After logging-on, go to 'Manage products/ service listings' and select either Product, Advert or Special. Simply fill in the fields, and take time to ensure you select all the relevant categories for your listings.
How to Sell Offline
When selling offline, you will need to complete a Smarter Barter voucher by following the procedures at the bottom of this page.
Smarter Barter online 24/7 authorisations
For every transaction over $200 Trade you are required to get an authorisation number if you are not completing the transaction directly on the website. Simply click the 'Online Authorisation' button in the left-hand bottom corner of the Smarter Barter website and enter the required fields. The Authorisation number obtained needs to be entered on the Smarter Barter voucher (see below). Alternatively, an Authorisation number can be obtained by phoning 1300 793 323
How to buy online
When buying online, simply select the product/ service you want and click 'purchase item' button. The Trade value is withdrawn from the Buyer's Smarter Barter account and deposited into the Seller's account. Both Buyer and Seller are sent emails detailing the transaction, and if the purchase involves a cash component, the Buyer is required to pay the Seller using EFT, cheque etc. Delivery or pick-up is organised between both parties.
How to buy offline
Use your membership card to purchase goods or services either at a business venue or for over the phone purchases. You will need to show your card if on-site and sign the seller's voucher (see the procedures at the bottom of this page). If buying over the phone, you will need to quote your membership number, expiry date and CVN to the Seller.
Smarter Barter online 24/7 authorisations
For every transaction over $200 Trade you are required to get an authorisation number if you are not completing the transaction directly on the website. Simply click the 'Online Authorisation' button in the left-hand bottom corner of the Smarter Barter website and enter the required fields. The Authorisation number obtained needs to be entered on the Smarter Barter voucher (see below). Alternatively, an Authorisation number can be obtained by phoning 1300 794 252.
Smarter Barter Voucher System
When using the voucher system the seller must complete the voucher using the step by step instructions below and mail to Smarter Barter within 7 days for the transfer of funds from the purchasers account.
The Seller enters the Buyer's 16 digit account number on the Smarter Barter card
- The Seller enters the Buyer's account name
- The Seller enters their 16 digit account number
- The Seller enters their account name
- The Seller checks the expiry date on the card, and ticks if still current
- The transaction date is entered
- The Quantity and description of product/service is entered
- The total Smarter Barter Dollar value is entered (inc GST)
- For transactions over $200 Smarter Barter Trade dollars, an authorisation number is needed (see 'Obtaining Authorisation online/by phone) below
- If authorisation is granted, the Buyer signs the voucher
- The Seller checks the signature is the same as on the reverse of the card, and initials the voucher.
- Once completed give the customer their copy, retain your copy as a reference and post the Smarter Barter copy to PO Box 665 Rozelle within 7 days so that the final transaction of funds can take place.
Please remember for online support go to the support section of the site. Many of your queries will be answered there, or simply log a query and one of our team will get back to you